Anyone engaging in wiring, plumbing, heat and air conditioning or roofing work has to be licensed by the City of El Reno. To become licensed, individuals must have a valid state contractor’s license as well as a second form of photo identification. 

You do not have to have a license to put a roof on a house that you own and live in, but if you are doing roofing work in any other situations you will need a license.

General contractors and paving contractors are not required to hold a license in the city.  If you are uncertain as to whether your project will require a licensed contractor, please contact our offices.